Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem related to Keil uvision4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shekhar.shakti@masamb.com

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir
I am a beginner in embedded system. I have to work on Keil uvision4. But I don't know how to create a project using this tool. I am using target device as STM32W108CB and getting error as " Target is not created" . Plz help me to start from the beginning ASAP.

The easier solution is to use an example project that uses a similar STM32 mcu, see what is added in the project and try to make your own.

Alex

Hi...
start fresh...
1.) close all your earlier projects....
2.) start a new project
3.) select your device
4.) the compiler would ask u whether u want to add start up file....click on yes...
5.) now...if you have your main.c file already made just add it to your project.....and compile....if not make a main.c for and add it to the project and compile...
it should work fine.....

Using just the main will not work , for cortex devices he has to add the stratup and CMSIS system files too.

@Alexan_e ..
In uvision4 there is no such file exist for STM32W108xx . How to initiate the program and How to get and add CMSIS and Startup System file for STM32W.

@Alexan_e ..
In uvision4 there is no such file exist for STM32W108xx . How to initiate the program and How to get and add CMSIS and Startup System file for STM32W.
the device file does exist....
this was the path that i followed to get to the file: "C:\Keil\ARM\INC\ST\STM32W108xx"

cheers...
vijay

- - - Updated - - -

The path that I mentioned above will also take u to to the CMSIS file alexan_e was referring to....
wondering if alexan_e could confirm that....

- - - Updated - - -

system_stm32w108xx.h is probably the CMSIS file

the device file does exist....
this was the path that i followed to get to the file: "C:\Keil\ARM\INC\ST\STM32W108xx"

cheers...
vijay

- - - Updated - - -

The path that I mentioned above will also take u to to the CMSIS file alexan_e was referring to....
wondering if alexan_e could confirm that....

- - - Updated - - -

system_stm32w108xx.h is probably the CMSIS file

plz tell me how to build up a project for STM32W in uvision4 step by step

I haven't worked with that chip but for the NXP cortex mcu the needed files are the startup file which is added automatically and the system file located in C:\Keil\ARM\Startup\NXP (in my case) and of course the mcu family header file in the top of main.

Based on that the CMSIS file you need seems to be in C:\Keil\ARM\Startup\ST\STM32W108xx
Copy the file system_stm32w108xx.c in your project folded and add it to the project, then use the wizard to change the settings.

Alex

I haven't worked with that chip but for the NXP cortex mcu the needed files are the startup file which is added automatically and the system file located in C:\Keil\ARM\Startup\NXP (in my case) and of course the mcu family header file in the top of main.

Based on that the CMSIS file you need seems to be in C:\Keil\ARM\Startup\ST\STM32W108xx
Copy the file system_stm32w108xx.c in your project folded and add it to the project, then use the wizard to change the settings.

Alex

project -> new project
Select your mcu model from the list (in ST folder)
When you are asked about the .s file click yes.
Copy the system_stm32w108xx.c mentioned previously in the project folder

While in the project click file new and save as main.c or something.

Right click on source group 1 --> add files and add the main.c and system_stm32w108xx.c

Now you should include the needed header in main and write your code.
You also need I think to set the system_stm32w108xx.c content according to the settings you want (at least that is what is needed for NXP)

you can find sample codes in the directory where your kiel is installed..
for eg..in my case:"C:\Keil\ARM\Boards\ST\STM32-Discovery"
the above path takes me to sample codes for STM32 controller.

just in case u need some more help the following link might prove useful
**broken link removed**

project -> new project
Select your mcu model from the list (in ST folder)
When you are asked about the .s file click yes.
Copy the system_stm32w108xx.c mentioned previously in the project folder

While in the project click file new and save as main.c or something.

Right click on source group 1 --> add files and add the main.c and system_stm32w108xx.c

Now you should include the needed header in main and write your code.
You also need I think to set the system_stm32w108xx.c content according to the settings you want (at least that is what is needed for NXP)

I have done ur steps.
Now i m getting error as "please select first the target STM32W108xx device used in ur application(STM32W108XX.h file)"

- - - Updated - - -

you can find sample codes in the directory where your kiel is installed..
for eg..in my case:"C:\Keil\ARM\Boards\ST\STM32-Discovery"
the above path takes me to sample codes for STM32 controller.

just in case u need some more help the following link might prove useful
**broken link removed**

i m getting error as "please select first the target STM32W108xx device used in ur application(STM32W108XX.h file)"..... p-lz help

Unfortunately I can't help any further because I haven't used these mcu and in the LPC chips I have used there was no such requirement.
I'm not sure where exactly you should define the mcu.

Unfortunately I can't help any further because I haven't used these mcu and in the LPC chips I have used there was no such requirement.
I'm not sure where exactly you should define the mcu.

Thanks for helping me... I expect further help from you sir.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back