Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem on compensation of a LDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken_cn

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all
I am designing a LDO. But when I simulated the open loop gain and phase, I found that the dc gain, unity gain frequency and phase margin are different in different loading condition.
How can I deal with it? Could you give me some suggestions?

Thank you!

Ken
2007/08/0.6

yes, dc gain, unity gain frequency and phase margin are different in different loading condition.

because the load res will changed the output pole,and the ESR will add a zero,if your regulator have a large output cap,you must simulation the condition of max output current

if your load is the second pole, worst case stability is at min output current and max output cap.

i think you need to compensate your LDO to insure your LDO will be stable under all load condition!

good luck.

Ken, u can refer to the below patent.

B/R
Edwin

hi, szekit! u say worst case stability is at min output current and max output cap,
why the worst case stability is at these case? could u plz give a detailed commentate, thanks!

put the dominant pole at the output, and consider the worst case, everything is OK

liuyonggen_1 said:
put the dominant pole at the output, and consider the worst case, everything is OK

But it's hard to do that? How can you achieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.