Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem of Microwave Transmission Line simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

scxyz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microwave transmission line

Hi, my structure is like this: dielectric substrate with relative permitivity 2.54 and thickness 1.6mm, copper stripline and its width is 4.6mm, and one ground plane. I simulated it within Radiation boundary condtion box and Perfect Electric Conditon box seperately. But sadlly, the impedance for this structure is not 50Ohmn, which it should be. I excited this structure with Lumped Port in HFSS. Does someone know what is wrong? Thanks.

Re: problem of Microwave Transmission Line simulation in HFS

Hi scxyz
I think it can has some reasons:
1. the termination of your transmission line
2. your radiation box isn't correct
3. you have problem with your port modeling, it's better that you excited your TL with wave port

I hope it'll be helpful

Re: problem of Microwave Transmission Line simulation in HFS

Hi, Ali110

Thanks for your help.

I am sorry that I made a mistake. It is microstrip transmission line.
I set two lumped ports with 50Ohms at the end of the transmission line.

The width of the RBC or PEC box is set to be 10*stripline width
height is set to be 10*substrate height

Would you please tell me why I need to set wave port? cause as far as I know, for microstrip line, we used to use lumped port, which is the special case of the wave port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back