Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem occurs when generate from source using layout XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

hps

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
generate layout

hello, i have a problem with virtuso layout XL.
when i try to generate all from source, there are some warnings and only the i/o pins are generated.

*WARNING* (LX-2002): Cannot create layout instance for schematic instance 'N0' because there is no layout master defined.
*WARNING* (LX-2002): Cannot create layout instance for schematic instance 'N1' because there is no layout master defined.
*WARNING* (LX-2002): Cannot create layout instance for schematic instance 'P0' because there is no layout master defined.
*WARNING* (LX-2002): Cannot create layout instance for schematic instance 'P1' because there is no layout master defined.

Can anybody tell me how to solve it. Thank you!

Added after 6 minutes:

oh, when i open the schematic i want to generate a layout, there's a warning:
Getting schematic propert bagLoading schematic.cxt
Loading lo.cxt
*WARNING* Parameter 'lxUseCell' already exists.

Most likely the lxUseCell parameters are out of date on the cells/blocks in the schematic . Either remove it or have lxUseCell point to the correct location, you will see it in the query form under 'User Properties' (I think ;) )

In case you are not aware of what lxUseCell is for, it is used to tell XL to grab a layout from a library other than the library that the schematic exists. You may not be pointing to the library that was originally used, hence it cannot find the layouts necessary to continue and imports nothing.

hps

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
HighNoon said:
Most likely the lxUseCell parameters are out of date on the cells/blocks in the schematic . Either remove it or have lxUseCell point to the correct location, you will see it in the query form under 'User Properties' (I think ;) )

In case you are not aware of what lxUseCell is for, it is used to tell XL to grab a layout from a library other than the library that the schematic exists. You may not be pointing to the library that was originally used, hence it cannot find the layouts necessary to continue and imports nothing.

Thank you for your answer.
Can you tell me how to remove or change lxUseCell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back