Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem interfacing a digital camera module with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOCHI

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings to you all...
I am trying to implement a wireless exploration robot which possesses the ability to stream video data of its environment and also send the acquired video to a dedicated receiver. I dont have problems with navigating the robot but i have not used a microcontroller to capture video data before. Please would atmega32 and Pic18f4550 be ok for this work?? also which communication protocol do i need to support the transmission of the video over a long distance (several killometers). Do i really need to use zigbee? What type of digital camera do i need??
Thanks in anticipation of your responses...

Select the camera based on it interface and resolution. Sample rate and speed of microcontroller matters. The RF module link interface should also be consider. Your system might need an external memory for uptimization. Good luck.

Thanks Ahmed, but from experience, i know that RF would not be suitable for this work because of distance limitation. i just need some guidelines on choosing the appropriate digital camera and the wireless communication protocol to implement. Am thinking of zigbee but i need someone who has done something similar or with related experience to advice me.
Thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.