Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem installing Orcad Capture 16.3 and PADS 9.2 on same computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montelias

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to install Orcad Capture 16.3 and PADS 9.2 on a single computer running Windows 7 Professional. Without PADS, the Capture runs - no issues. As soon as I install PADS, the Capture will not start up, and the "The program can't start because MSVCR90.DLL is missing from this computer" message is displayed.

Could somebody help me with this? Thank you very much in advance!

I am trying to install Orcad Capture 16.3 and PADS 9.2 on a single computer running Windows 7 Professional. Without PADS, the Capture runs - no issues. As soon as I install PADS, the Capture will not start up, and the "The program can't start because MSVCR90.DLL is missing from this computer" message is displayed.

Could somebody help me with this? Thank you very much in advance!

I'm facing exactly the same problem, do you find any solution. Many Thanks

Hi Martinos. You need to edit your "Path" system variable. Go to:
Control Panel\System\Advanced system settings\Advanced\System variables
Scroll down to a variable "Path" and click "Edit" button. Copy and Paste the value of your Path into the Notepad, and move all of the "c:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\..." (assuming your installation is in the c:\Cadence) entries to the top of the file. Then copy and paste the contents back into the "Path" variable. That should fix the problem.

You need to install Pads in XP_compatible_mode when using on Win-7

I encountered this problem with the message "The program can't start because MSVCR90.DLL is missing from this computer" whenever I tried to launch OrCAD capture after having installed the demo version of PADs on my Win 7 64bit machine.

Reinstalling OrCAD products did not resolve the problem.

Following the steps above and rearranging the "path" environment variable to list all the path entries which start with %CDSROOT%\... to be prior to all other entries did in fact solve the problem. :grin:

Reactions: 3Deye

3Deye

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank You very much , I had this problem after I installed PADS 9.2 on Windows xp SP3 with Cadence 16.3.
and it solved after rearranging the PATH variable as above.

A big thanks! You've realy save my day!

I had the same issue after installed PADS 9.3 in Windows 7 with Cadence 16.3.

I have changed the Path like you suggest and everything works fine now!

Just to confirm that doing this you will fix the Problem...

Hi,
I am not getting you can u please give me the step by step procedure.

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

Hi,
I am not getting you can u please give me the step by step procedure.

Thanks in advance

Hi I try to do same way as mentioned below but i could not succeed . As i copied the C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3 \; C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\bin\;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\data\;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\Licensing\;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\OpenAccess\;C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\tools
& the path which was copied

Please Can you explain me in detail of coping to the path.

Scroll down to a variable "Path" and click "Edit" button. Copy and Paste the value of your Path into the Notepad, and move all of the "c:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\..." (assuming your installation is in the c:\Cadence) entries to the top of the file. Then copy and paste the contents back into the "Path" variable. That should fix the problem.

Thanks a lot.. Works well. . :p

I am having the same issue with Cadence SPB 16.5 using Windows 7 x64.

Does the solution for XP apply to my system too?

I am having the same issue with Cadence SPB 16.5 using Windows 7 x64.

Does the solution for XP apply to my system too?

Yes backdril, you just modify the path variable as guided.

Hello I have Allegro 16.5 and PADs9.3 on the same PC and my solution was change and add this variables:

On system variables:

CDS_LIC_FILE C:\Cadence\LicenseManager\license.dat
CDS_LIC_ONLY 1
CDSROOT C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5
CHDL_LIB_INST_DIR %CDSROOT%
CONCEPT_INST_DIR %CDSROOT%
HOME C:\SPB_Data\
OA_PLUGIN_PATH %CDSROOT%\Share\oaPlugIns
PATH C:\MentorGraphics\Allegro Export ODB++\nv\bin;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;%CDSROOT%\tools\pcb\bin;%CDSROOT%\tools\bin;%CDSROOT%\tools\libutil\bin;%CDSROOT%\tools\fet\bin;%CDSROOT%\tools\specctra\bin;%CDSROOT%\tools\PSpice;%CDSROOT%\tools\PSpice\Library;%CDSROOT%\tools\Capture;%CDSROOT%\OpenAccess\bin\win32\opt;E:\Mentor\9.3PADS\SDD_HOME\common\win32\bin;E:\Mentor\9.3PADS\SDD_HOME\common\win32\lib;%MGC_HOME%/bin;%MGC_HOME%/lib;%MGC_HOMEBS%\bin;%MGC_HOMEBS%\lib;

I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back