Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Xilinx SPARTAN 3 PCI Express kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon_12

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am using Xilinx SPARTAN-3 PCI Express Kit for the first time. I have studied the manual of this kit and want to program the FPGA by using Xilinx Platform Cable USB II, model is DLC10.

I would like to give the following information

1) The FPGA Configuration ( JP3 ) is set to JTAG mode : M2:M1:M0 = 1:0:1

2) The Jumpers JP1 and JP2 are selected such that the FPGA is only in chain.

3) I am powering the Kit by using barrel Jack connector ( +5V dc) for non PCI application.

The problem which i am facing is that when i connect my Xilinx Programmer to the JTAG connector (J2) , the glowing amber LED does not change its colour to Green. When i open the IMPACT software , it gives

the following messages

1) " Cable Type not found "

2) The voltage on the VREF Pin is not 2.5 Volts.

When i checked the Vref pin of J2 , the voltage is only 0.2 volts only but it should be 2.5 V.

Can anyone please tell me what can be the cause of this Problem?
Are there any more jumper settings which i have to do?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hard to say, but I'll tell you that in my Spartan kit, the board doesn't always connect the first time I insert the programming cable. I usually have to unplug/replug it a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back