Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Virtuoso cadence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipher_crypto

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
virtuoso verilog example

Hi,
I was designing a FFT processor with verilog. When I was using virtuoso tool I faced problem. My code worked well in Xilinx.
FFT1 << top module
butterfly3 is instance of another module radix1. Now I am getting error message like this "Error: Netlister unable to descend any of the views defined in the view list "verilog schematic extracted" for instance butterfly 3 in cell FFT1. Either one of these views to library FFT1_lib cell: radix1 modify the view list to ....an existing view"
I already listed this radix1 in my system....
Please let me know how to solve this problem...

cipher

virtuoso verilog-xl environment

You need check the view name of radix1 cell.The netlister don't find the view name
verilog or schematic or extracted in radix1 cell,so netlister can't generate netlist.

virtuoso verilog environment

Hi Delei,
Thank you. I just started this tool. I basically following this followin instruction to use virtuoso. In this tutorial it shows to run example BCDcounter << I am following these instructions to run my program ::

Verilog-Editor Editing window:
Tools -> Verilog-XL

Setup Environment window:
Run Directory = BCDcounter.run1
OK

Virtuoso Verilog Environment for Verilog-XL Integration window:
Setup -> Record Signals

Record Signals Options window:
Choose to save "All Signals"
Waveform Display Package -> Simvision
OK

Virtuoso Verilog Environment for Verilog-XL Integration window:
Stimulus -> Verilog

New window:
Click Yes to create stimulus template file
<<<< I got the ERROR message after this step

I basically listed RADIX1 in the list. I dont know why netlister is not viewing it. Could you tell me I am following the right steps? Do u have any other reference I can follow?
Please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back