Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in USB to serial converter with isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRIYADHARSHINI PALANISAMY

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i m using usb to RS-232/485 to acquiring the Data..when i connect the converter to the PC
it indicate the port number in Device manager.but when i am trying to connect it through moDbus poll it inDicates that "port not available".what is the reason for this issue?:?:

Last edited:

have you got the COM port open in another program such as hyperterm or TeraTerm?

Hi,

Look in the device manager if there is a "microsoft ballpoint mouse" is installed.

Sometimes i have problems with that. An FTDI chip is recognized and it shows the correct com port, but immediately the wrong mouse driver catches the port or the data.

The solution is to disable the ballpoint mouse driver in device manager.

Hope this helps

Klaus

yes.i used the converter in hyperterminal anD VB.In hyperterminal i DiD nt face any problem.In VB sometimes it shows "port not available".some times it works properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back