Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in time-domain analysis in CST Microwave Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

hojfa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I hope you are well. I have a question regarding a simulation in CST. The simulation is as follows:

A cylinder with a radius of 4 cm and height of 12 cm is placed at the center of the coordinate system and in the z-axis direction i.e. one end of the cylinder is at z = -6 cm and the other end at z = 6 cm. The permittivity of the cylinder is equal to 10. Another smaller cylinder with permittivity of 50, a radius of 0.25 cm and height of 12 cm is placed like the first cylinder in the z-axis direction but its center is at x = 2 cm and y = 0. It is in the first cylinder.

I need to place a source at x = 6 cm, y = 0 and z = 0 and excite it with a fifth-derivative Gaussian pulse. This pulse will impinge on the cylinders and will be reflected.

1. How should I define such a source?
2. How can I receive the reflected pulse signal where the source is placed?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back