Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in starting Assura DRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahriar22nd

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am novice in doing layout. I use Cadence version 6.1.2 and Assura 3.1.7.
Now, after drawing a layout, when I log in to avview to start Assura DRC, my avview window appears with about 10-12 lines of information in it, where the very first line is:

*WARNING* ddRegTrigger: Couldn't find trigger named "POSTUPDATELIBLIST".

and the last two lines are:

*WARNING* ciwMenuLoadFile: system file "/usr/local/cadence/assura317/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/menus/avview.menus" not found.

I think, the second warning indicates that, the file avview.menu is missing, but I have no idea about from where the file can be copied to the right place.

Could anyone please suggest me how can I get rid off these two warnings?

Thanks everyone,
Regards,
Shahriar.

In my design kit setup there is an ASS_VER variable that has
to be a supported / locally available version. I'm sure it
feeds some more obscure load-up functions.

Then again, maybe somebody didn't pay for the Assura
tools and you might have a Diva only setup? I dunno.

I never use avview, we have custom menus that set it all up
(probably because the plain setup is a mess, like you have).

Thank you for your response.
I used Assura for DRC and LVS with gpdk090. But, now I am using IBM CMS9FLP which does not allow Diva. I have got pull down menu- 'IBM_PDK' in my layout editor window and Assura DRC can be called from that. But, the problem is, it ends up with the following error in CIW:

ibmPdkRunAssuraDRC()
*Error* eval: undefined function - vuiDRCRun
<<< Stack Trace >>>
(... in ibmPdkRunAssuraDRC ...)
ibmPdkRunAssuraDRC()
ERROR

I think, it is due to the previous two warnings I mentioned, though I am not sure.

Do you have any idea about this error, anyway?
Thank you.

in terminal type assura -W, make sure the subversion is dfII6.1.3. if it is dfII5.1.4.1 you are using the wrong version of assura. there is a CDB version and and OA version, you need the OA version.

edit: I meant assura -V

I've got:

spectre -V
@(#)$CDS: spectre version 6.2.0 06/11/2007 15:41 (usimlx109) $
spectre -W
sub-version 6.2.0.420
avview -V
@(#)$CDS: avview version av3.1:production:dfII6.1.2 11/23/2007 10:03 (sfrh150) $
avview -W
sub-version 3.1.7_USR1
assura -V
@(#)$CDS: assura version av3.1:production:dfII6.1.2 11/23/2007 10:01 (sfrh150) $
assura -W
sub-version 3.1.7_USR1

anyway, today I could start the Assura DRC from the IBM_PDK pull down menu of my layout editor window when I added following two lines at the start of my .cshrc file:

setenv ASSURAHOME /usr/local/cadence/assura317
set path = ($ASSURAHOME/tools/dfII/bin $ASSURAHOME/tools/bin $ASSURAHOME/tools/assura/bin $PATH)

At first, I added them at the end of the file. Then the result was an error message in the command shell- 'ssh is an undefined command' and it prevented me from logging in to the server to load the cadence. The problem evaporated when I placed them at the start. Now, I even don't need to log in to avview.

if you are using QRC for extraction, you need to have EXT defined in PATH before ASSURA otherwise QRC will not run.

would you please tell me, how can I set these paths accurately?

I had another experience today. I had more than 100 warnings in my virtuoso CIW when the DRC was in progress. all of them were similar to:

\o warn: Undefined layer in dfII.
\o Layer name 'ASYM' doesn't exist, treating as an empty layer.
\o ASYM = layer("ASYM" type("drawing"))
\o
\o warn: Undefined layer in dfII.
\o Layer name 'CAREC' doesn't exist, treating as an empty layer.
\o CAREC = layer("CAREC" type("drawing"))

etc. etc.

does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hi,
This could be waivable.
First, you need to consider: are the layers being used in the design?

The DRC is checking all layers & the warning simply states that these layers do not exist in your design. If this is true, than ignore them. Otherwise, you have to check why these layers are not being picked-up when running drc.

I checked the warnings and have learned that, they are only for unused layers. So, it seems they are ignorable. But, I wonder why the unused layers would be disappointed enough to warn me out !!

Thanks a lot for your help

Hi,
1 of the reason for the warning is if you stream in a gds2 with improper mapping, layers will be seen as missing!
Other than that, don't worry about warnings first. Check for errors, than warnings.

Bare in mind that the person who wrote the ruledeck has to accommodate all sorts of engineering work being done, hence for the various warnings & infos being generated.
Some of these actually would prove useful if you need to do debugging (they might not be a problem, but they may show how a problem might occur).

Just understand what messages you're reading & what you're waiving. :)

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back