Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in sending SMS using SIM300

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep polasa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,
I am using a SIM300 GPRS modem.
When i make a call by using ATD command it gives NO CARRIER and sometimes NO DIALTONE.
When i want to send an SMS using AT+CMGS command it gives +CMS ERROR : 515.
Plz can anyone try to solve my problem?

test your modem with hyperterminal and see if they work properly, then you interface it with your controller..

give commands like

see result for AT+CPIN?

then AT+CPIN=?

then AT+CSQ? it should not be 99,99

use 12V 1A powersupply

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the following commands in minicom terminal

AT+CPIN?
+CPIN: READY

OK
AT+CPIN=?
OK
AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 8,5

OK
AT+CPAS
+CPAS: 0

OK
ATD09849985245;
OK

NO CARRIER

I tried that command also.

ATD+919849985245;
OK

NO CARRIER

I am able to access the messages in the sim card using AT+CMGR. all other AT commands are working. But i am not able to dial and send the sms .

you are able to receive message and everything it means that your receive part in modem and max232 is working fine. the problem is in the transmit part. check the transmitter tx pins in the circuit if they are getting proper voltage...

which sim do you use for testing..... if by chance you use tata docomo .. i suggest you to not use it.. and also check if there is currency in the SIM to make outgoing facility

I am using Airtel sim. It has also enough balance for outgoing calls.

Just before 2 days i am able to send the SMS and established TCP connection using the SIM300 through AT commands. All AT commands are worked well.

But now when i make a call to the sim card presented in the same SIM300 modem i am getting a reply that the sim in the modem is in switch off state.

Is there any possibility to change the settings using AT commands for making calls.

it seems that you exoted from gprs connection from modem without exiting it..........
do check if it is connected to gprs.. do AT+ cipshut

and try again or else do AT&F and try to dial the number again

So I have a different problem...I can send and receive messages by the SIM300 but the call functions arent running fine...it reponds with "NO CARRIER"
What can be the reason..i am using 12V 1A powersupply...can this be an issu?? because i've read that it needs 2-3A for the call functions.
Any tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.