Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in running simulation in Orcad 16.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

etzarfat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've installed Orcad 16.2 Full version on my computer.
After I've created a new design and want to simulate in I can't, the "New Simulation Profile" button doesn't respond and also some of the buttons in the toolbar keep on "Blinking" fast whenever I move the mouse, they stop "binking" when I stop to move the mouse.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice already.
Can someone give help me?

Thanks

what do u mean by blinking..........

one common problem with schematic capture is that if u start project in Analog /mixed design then only new simulation toolbar will come

but in that case it will be deactivated....

Are u using vista?

I'm using orcad 16.3 and I have a similar problem. The PSpice Toolbar is completely deactivated and this I can't create a simulation profile to simulate my circuit.

Any ideas?

Added after 1 hours 45 minutes:

SOLVED

Running as administrator solved the problem

(right click eg Capture CIS shortcut and then click run as administrator)

Re: Problem in running simulation in Orcad 16.3

im using the administrator account but cant still find the pspice menu of the capture cis. anyone can help how to fix this. plsss.

I'm using orcad 16.3 and I have a similar problem. The PSpice Toolbar is completely deactivated and this I can't create a simulation profile to simulate my circuit.

Any ideas?

Added after 1 hours 45 minutes:

SOLVED

Running as administrator solved the problem

(right click eg Capture CIS shortcut and then click run as administrator)

this worked, thank you so much sir!! now I can actually do my homework at home instead of having to go to the lab to get it done; personally I think that it is so dumb that all you had to do was was run the program as admin, I guess that's just how Win 7 works (which is still better than Vista)

Can you try opening one of the existing project shipped with product and tell me if you get any error message?
You can find these project in folder <installdir>/tools/pspice/capture_samples/analog/example/....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back