Status
Not open for further replies.

Suji31

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to excite a SMA connector using waveguide port in CST for an imported CAD model SMA connector?I have designed an 10Ghz Rectangular Patch Antenna. For that I have used an SMA connector which is imported as an STEP/IGES file. Now the problem is I couldn't achieve the S-Parameter due to the improper excitation of waveguide port. So kindly let know where the waveguide port should be placed in order to achieve the S-Parameter.

Select the face of the outer conductor ( or inner conductor) of it and I placed the WG port using this pick. The signal in a coaxial line is defined by the E field in between the two conductors, that means that the voltage inside the inner conductor is 0 (pec) and the voltage inside the outer conductor is also 0.However there is a difference in voltage BETWEEN those conductors. Therefore, to create a wave in this line you have to create a different voltage between the outer an the inner conductor, so the wg port should cover at least a portion of both conductors

Reactions: Suji31

Suji31

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…