Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in installing Redhat linux 7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajeev

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
Help me in installing Redhat linux7.3.When i started the installation process ,its asked for source drive.I selected local CDROM,SCSi drive.But its not detecting the cd rom.Plz help me in this.I could instal new versions of linux(fedore core 3).I am using Intel P4 machine,512MB Ram,Intel915GAV motherboard,SONY DVD writer(Black one)...PLZ help

sajeev said:
hi,
Help me in installing Redhat linux7.3.When i started the installation process ,its asked for source drive.I selected local CDROM,SCSi drive.But its not detecting the cd rom.Plz help me in this.I could instal new versions of linux(fedore core 3).I am using Intel P4 machine,512MB Ram,Intel915GAV motherboard,SONY DVD writer(Black one)...PLZ help

why did you step behind your linux distro?

try lastest version of linux like...fedora core 4!! redhat 7.3 is way too old, maybe its unable to recognize to newer dvd drive.

good luck

I am confused. Was it the destination drive or the source drive.

If you started the installation from CD how can it ask again for the source drive (what a dump installation utility is that ?).

Anyway even if you install everything in proper way there will be a lot of missing drivers. Because RedHat Linux 7.3 was released almost 4 years ago. It won't have drivers for any of the devce released after it. So you better go with FC.

sajeev said:
hi,

I met the same thing while doing as4 installation...
May try to hook up both cd-rom and hd under the same ide port.
Either primary or secondary shall work...
Also, please disable your sata driver option.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.