Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in HFSS with meshing at different frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shehata

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am simulating a filter with HFSS 13 driven modal

When I mesh at different frequency I have a very big difference in the response

Attached is a picture for meshing at 77 and 75GHz

Thanks Meshing.jpg

It's not such a huge difference. 1 percent error is not so bad, which means you are doing most things right. I would try meshing at even higher frequencies to see the effect. Also, if you can post your hfss file I can have a look to see if you have any setup errors.

It beame only stable when meshing at 160GHz. I have a large discontinuity in my structure but I expected the adaptive meshing to be smart enough to get it. I think the way hfss does its convergence check is not efficient. It should check the actual field values instead of S parameters

I agree.

160 GHz is really high. I would expect it to give the same result anywhere after 80 GHz. plot the mesh and check for anomalies. also check the convergence plot under results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back