Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem in formulation of CMOS Schmittriger

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.g.electronic96

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I got a problem when I was calculating the voltage of circuit below. Assume that Vin is equal to zero so that TP and Tn2 are on and in non-saturated and saturated regions respectively. Moreover, Tn and Tn1 are off. it was written that the voltage of Vdsn1 is equal to :
Vsn=Vsn2=Vdsn1= Vdd-V'tn2
where V'tn2 is the threshold voltage, taking into account the influence of the substrate-source voltage.
but when you formulate it, it will not become true, because when you use a KVL trough the Tn2 and Tn1 by this assumption that the Vout is Vdd as it is proved, the formula below could be written:
Vdd-Vdsn2=Vdsn1 if you disregard of the small current coming from Tn (because of leakage current)
Beside:
vdsn2=Vgsn2 (because both of them are connected to vdd) and due to the fact that Tn2 is working in saturation region you will have : vdsn2>=vgsn2-Vt'n2
so the yielded equation is not correspond with that thing that author has been argued...
can anyone prove the author formula and explain it to me ....
Thanks in advance
I am in rush... please ...
Untitled.jpg
Best regard...

Status
Not open for further replies.