Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in accessing TCB8000C Color LCD via UART

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmoud_eltahwy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tcb8000c

Dear all,

I am working in a project using the TCB8000C LCD controller ..
I connect the LCD to the MCU via Serial port .I followed the initialization sequence in the application notes and I tried to draw a line on it but till now the LCD didn't display any thing.

I tried to read the registers of LCD to check if it works or not and I succeed to read the reset value of the registers correctly..

I don't know why it doesn't display any thing on screen.

The connections between the LCD and MCU are :
TxD , RxD , VCC , Ground

So please if anyone could help me.

Appreciate your help
Thanks
Regards
Mahmoud

colour lcd displays working on parallel interface

Dear mahmoud,

first do you test it with parallel interface or not (the problem may be at the controller board or Lcd specialy if you bought it from ram shop ) ?

second post your interface details with the initialization code .

uart and parallel lcd

Hi ahmed

Thanks for you interest.

I have already succeed to make LCD work via UART, The main problem was that the sequence of initialization of the serial differs from the parallel .
In serial , before starting the code of the initialization sequence found in the app note, you should first init the status register of the LCD controller by sending the following command: 0xFF 0x00 0x00 0xFE, I found this in the datasheet(Chinese) ,also there are some simple modifications in the rest of driver code to make it applicable with UART interface like drawing fonts, pictures ..and so on.

Thanks
Regards,
Mahmoud

topway tcb8000c

mahmoud_eltahwy said:
Hi ahmed

Thanks for you interest.

I have already succeed to make LCD work via UART, The main problem was that the sequence of initialization of the serial differs from the parallel .
In serial , before starting the code of the initialization sequence found in the app note, you should first init the status register of the LCD controller by sending the following command: 0xFF 0x00 0x00 0xFE, I found this in the datasheet(Chinese) ,also there are some simple modifications in the rest of driver code to make it applicable with UART interface like drawing fonts, pictures ..and so on.

Thanks
Regards,
Mahmoud

You are welcome
Really the problem of this Lcd is the support and data sheet (Topway do not give the good data sheet for free )
but l already could have some of it in English language with from a supplier if you want i can send it to you it contain good example in parallel interface but serial not :(

so if your project work successful with serial interface can you plz post it

Regards,

Dear all,
Please any one can send a simple code for driving the TCB8000 by prallel and usart.
E-mail: sherifsamir40@hotmail.com

I tried to drive it but the datasheet if very poor.
Thank you

Re: uart and parallel lcd

Hi ahmed

Thanks for you interest.

Thanks
Regards,
Mahmoud

The command 0xFF 0x00 0x00 0xFE in serial mode is "Display On", in the same maner, for example 0xFF 0x00 0x00 0xFE is for "Display Off"
I think these commands can be used to turn off and on LCD to maximize battery use

Dear all,

Could any one send me the application note of this TFT screen

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.