Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem detecting the size of an object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkanish

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working on a small project on how to determine the size of an object moving in front of sensor array. For example, different sized vehicles moving in front of the sensors which determine the size of the vehicle (roughly approximate and fixed known sizes) with help of microcontroller.

Initially, i thought of using IR sensors (array of IR interfaced with the MCU and the number of IR sensors blocked at once gives the rough estimate of the size). But I saw some where on the web that IR sensors are not good in the outside environment. So, I switched for ultrasonic sensors (this HC-SR04 one) but the problem with them is the timing. Before reading one sensor, and moving to other, the object may have moved out.

I don't know how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back