Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Problem connecting Sorensen SLH-300-12-1200 Electronic load to PWM rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarglez

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody, I'm working with a single phase PWM bridge rectifier as the one shown in the image.

View attachment 126520

I'm trying to use a Sorensen SLH-300-12-1200 Electronic Load as dc lods, but when I try to connect it it starts to change among modes (Constant current-Lin-Constant Resistance) and the input current (labeld as if) gets distorted. However, if I use resisitive passive loads, up to 1.5 kW can be driven with unitary power factor form the grid to the dc loads.

I have tryed the following:
-A blocking diode.
-A minimum resistive load (40 Watts) shunt connected to the electronic load.
-A huge dc capacitor (3.6mF) shunt connected really close to the conections of the load.
-A small capacitor (22nF) shunt connected for high frequency supression.

With all the above, problem still persists. I have tested the load with a fixed power supply and it sorks perfectly normal. I don't know if the switching noise in the dc voltage has an effect in the electronic load. When it changes between modes it changes its configuration to sync mode as if it was an AC load.

Thanks for taking the time to read my problem.

P.S. I'm new at this forum, sorry if I have posted in the wrong category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor