Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem building in avr studio 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Din0

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having problems buliding my project on avr studio4 . On selecting build option the process for building is initiated but later shows an error stating a problem related to the object file :

rm -rf C-Flash.o C-Flash.elf dep/* C-Flash.hex C-Flash.eep
Build succeeded with 0 Warnings...
mmcu=atmega32u4 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -Os -std=gnu99 -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -MD -MP -MT C-Flash.o -MF dep/C-Flash.o.d -c ../C-Flash.c
/usr/bin/sh: -Wall: command not found
make: [C-Flash.o] Error 127 (ignored)
mmcu=atmega32u4 -Wl,-Map=C-Flash.map C-Flash.o -o C-Flash.elf
/usr/bin/sh: -Wl,-Map=C-Flash.map: command not found
make: [C-Flash.elf] Error 127 (ignored)
avr-objcopy -O ihex -R .eeprom -R .fuse -R .lock -R .signature C-Flash.elf C-Flash.hex
avr-objcopy: 'C-Flash.elf': No such file
make: *** [C-Flash.hex] Error 1
Build failed with 1 errors and 0 warnings...

This is quiet irritating as i am unable to move forward with debugging and programming the project :x . please help me asap !!!

That reference to usr/bin/sh looks very strange. Are you executing AVR Studio in Linux, using Wine or similar environments?

In any case I recommend you to upgrade to Atmel Studio 6.1 as soon as possible, because AVR4 is quite old.

If you want to stick on AVR4, you may try this:

1) change the filename from C-Flash to CFlash, maybe the - symbol confuses the compiler (I don't think so, but you may try)
2) download WinAVR compiler suite and use it to build your solution, instead than using internal compiler

Reactions: Din0

Din0

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear kalbun
I have a problem with building my Project in AVRStudio4 with WinAVR-GCC.
I use some Library (AVRlib) files in my *.C files. It could find included *.h files but it could not find the functions which are described in library .c files.
Which configurations i must add in AVRStudio to eliminate the errors?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back