Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem breaking connections with PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanir

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Yeah, can anyone tell me how do I break the connections? It seems as it didn't occur to me before the etching, after it, then I came to realise its there. Any ideas?

If on the surface of the board you can use an Xacto knife - make 2 cuts a short distance apart and peel up the portion inbetween the cuts - if internal and you have a clear path to it you can try drilling an open in the trace - or just drill the plating out of a via if it switches layers.

SiGiNT

Using a sharp (hot) solder iron for peeling also helps. Actually, large areas of copper can easily be removed using this method.

If it's a narrow trace in a crowded area, you can use the tip of a sharp X-Acto knife as a drill by gently spinning the tool with your fingers. This makes a deep pit, so be careful on multilayer boards. It's a good way to cut a trace that's buried down a few layers. Inspect the results with a small microscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back