Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Probe in microstrip line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nassimovitch

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to simulate the structure in the attached file, unfortunately the results obtained are not the desired results. In fact, the structure is composed of three sections of a 50 ohm microstrip line, where the probes ensure the contact between them (see the figure). The distribution of the current in the structure shows that the current does not pass through the probe, which really stuns me, even the parameters S are not satisfactory.
Has somebody can help me in the design ... I count on you ... thank you in advance.

Attachments

• my_design.png
    my_design.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Probe.rar
    40.6 KB · Views: 65

You did not assign Radiation boundary to the outer faces of the air box. After assigning Rad Boundary, you will notice few warnings that Radiation boundary is intersecting Finite Cond boundary. So, you need to re-prioritize the boundaries (See HFSS Help).

Finally, you are plotting Mag E / Surface J for the dielectric object. Instead select the signal path and plot. Change the scale to Log instead of Linear for better visualization.

Hello, thank you very much for answering me, unfortunately the problem always present; very bad Sparameters (S11>-10dB). According to my knowledge the probe must ensure the continuity between the two microstrip lines then the S-parameters must be similar to a single microstrip (at least behaves in the same way as to this one). I think that the transition microstrip / probe does not work properly there is certainly a trick that escapes to me ...
You would like to give me other solutions .... thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back