Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Probe fed patch antenna hfss11

Status
Not open for further replies.

nami689

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone :)

this is the first time im using HFSS (and i used the HFSS tutorial as a guide line to make this)...i have made my model for probe-fed patch antenna (please see the attachment) however the radiation plot and the smith chart is not right and im running out of ideas to make it right so can someone please help me...also the resonant frequency im using is 9.5GHz and E(r) = 2.2 with thickness of 0.508mm

Hi,

Though I haven't seen your model. Here is my experience. Usually the ratio between the outer and inner conductor of probe can greatly affect your matching. For this case, we usually set the value as around 2, but the fiiling in your probe should be air.

If other materials were used as your probe filling, then the ratio might be changed to ensure a 50 Ohm impedance.

So, maybe you can change the scale of the probe to get a better feeding.

Hi

my teacher told me the outer conductor is 4.1mm and the inner is 0.7mm (both of them are diameter) and the material for the probe i used is PEC...i'll try and change it to air to see what happens...

Hi, if you are going to change it to air, don't forget to change the dimension of the probe. The ratio of outer to inner conductor should be around 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back