Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printing HF RFID Antenna Layout for PCB Fabrication

Status
Not open for further replies.

stely

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I have designed a HF RFID antenna which I'm going to build. Long story short, I have a spiral with 1mm wide tracks and 1mm gaps in between the tracks. And I wish to print the layout in order to implement my PCB from it.

I have drawn the spiral using AutoCAD and Altium. I have made sure the width of the tracks equals the width of the gaps. But every time I try to print the pattern, the proportion is automatically changed and the width of the tracks appears to be larger than the width of the gaps. I get the same problem with both AutoCAD and Altium.

I think AutoCAD adds and outline to my tracks, which I can't get rid of. I have no idea why I also get the same problem using Altium. It's not a problem with my printer, as I get the same result when I create a PDF model of the layout.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I use Altium a lot and I never seem to have the width/gap modified. I have never done any microstrip (PCB based) antenna, but if you are using tracks they will turn rounded at the endings and every antenna of that kind I have ever seen are all rectangular. I would recommend you to use "polygon" or "fill" paths.

When using Altium, at print preview, always remember to go to "page configuration" and keep the "scale" value at 1.

EDIT: Wrongly read "RF antenna", RFID antennas do have rounded corners.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back