Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printer Host using bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanti amol

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
good afternoon
i want to ask some question about printer using bluetooth
how to print out file from computer using bluetooth?
i want to make a device, this device can use to send data from personal computer to printer using bluetooth? thank you. :grin:

good afternoon
i want to ask some question about printer using bluetooth
how to print out file from computer using bluetooth?
i want to make a device, this device can use to send data from personal computer to printer using bluetooth? thank you. :grin:

Are you using a BT enabled printer? There are two parts to your question - (1) transfer the file to the printer and (b) formatting it correctly so that the printer understands it.

If it is just a matter of sending a file to a BT enabled printer than all you need to do is to have a serial BT interface. Take a look at the IOGEAR Serial Adapter with Bluetooth Wireless Technology GBS301 Network adapter - it is a Serial RS-232 over BT.

If you need to do the formatting than that is much more complex - it means writing a printer driver.

my question is : formatting it correctly so that the printer understands it.
do you have reference book for this topic?
i want to make a device for my assigment, but i'm very confused, what can i do for this initial step..

thank you

Sorry - cannot recommend you a book from first hand experience. But it is very heavy duty as this is typically provided by the printer manufacturer. As an initial step you may want to just consider a simple ASCII text only file.

Use BT modules like Bluegiga WT11 on printer site and bluebirth dongle on computer site. this combination works fine for me. From computer point of view the communication line looks like serial port. Easy and works well.

BT communication is not easy.
Try to get BT manual, pay licence,...

thanks for this information
i want to ask : why BT communication is not easy?

thanks

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

what is the simple ASCII text only file must be consider?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.