Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printed circuit board: specific heat capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

inventor(y)

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I post my question in the Power Electronics section because, to me, this might be the most relevant section. It's about power electronics after all.

My question is rather simple. I'm looking for the specific heat capacity of most common printed circuit board materials namely FR4 and the HTG version of the popular FR4 material.

Why: I need to dissipate some heat during a short interval and therefore would like to know how much the the PCB temperature will rise during that period. It doesn't have to be 'spot on' because that's almost impossible. Knowing the specific heat capacity of FR4 and HTG FR4 will help me a lot. I've been looking around on the web, but couldn't find it. Although I'm pretty sure that I can't be the only one person looking for such data. Perhaps I've used the wrong search terms. (I'm Dutch)

I've also looked at some copper clad laminates data-sheets on some manufacturers websites, but again, no result.

Thanks in advance, Inventor(y)

Hi Keith,

thanks for the useful links. Those will get me going.

According to the table on the webpage of that first link, it's the same as glass. I was expecting something very close to glass but wanted to verify that.

Inventor(y)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.