Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Primetime and synthesized netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec_guy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

My question is quite basic. I have a synthesized netlist that uses say the TT, 85C corner. Now, if I want to run timing/power across different corners and temperatures using Primetime, how does the tool do it using the TT,85 synthesized netlist?

Thanks in advance.

Every cell should have different views, including one for each corner.
When running timing/power analysis with a different corner, the tool will take the corresponding corner view for its calculations.

Thanks OhaAmo.
I have a couple of follow-on questions:
a) Where are these "views" located? From where does Primetime pick them up?
b) For example, say I have an inverter std cell:
INVD2(TT,85C library). What information would it's "view" have for various corners etc?

(a) These views are typically in the form of .lib files which are loaded through the .synopsys_pt.setup files. Hence for each corner, you should have a .lib characterized at those PVT conditions and specified in your link_library to get loaded into Primetime for analysis in that corner.
(b) The .lib contains a lot of information for a particular cell. For e.g. for a INV - the pins, pin transition times, output capacitance, timing arcs and delay information, power information and so on. You can look up some information at the liberty site : https://opensourceliberty.org/

Thanks Saurabh, that was helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back