Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prices of electronics components!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALERTLINKS

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
According to Microchip website, prices for
PIC16F54-I/P 18pin PDIP (-40C to +85C TUBE)
are,
Quantity--1-25---26-99---100+---1000-4999---5000+
Price----- 0.55----0.54----0.52----- 0.47 *----- 0.45 *
and on ebay
https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/10pcs-Microchip-IC-Chip-PIC-PIC16F54-I-P-PIC16F54-16F54-/290586900607
10pcs Microchip IC Chip PIC PIC16F54-I/P Price: US $18.99
then howcome it is available for Rs.34 in our local market, Lahore Pakistan? ($ 1 = Rs 94) Similar is the case with many other poular components. I have taken qutations from distributers from China market but they are still higher than rates from our local market.(I guess its due to competition in market and supplies not reachable through internet). I was considering imorting components but now i think why not resell through internet?
Please comment.

Last edited:

Ebay is not the place to find prices.

Manufacturers sell at different prices to different markets to suit local conditions. They even have chips they won't sell in some markets. A few yours ago I was working on a high volume product and found a suitable chip from Sony but they wouldn't sell it to me in Europe. They said it was only for markets such as India. It was very cheap. They only wanted to sell expensive ICs to Europe!

In the case of Microchip, the prices they give are for orders through Microchip Direct. Through other channels they could be cheaper, or in the case of Europe, more expensive!

So, if you want to buy chips in India and sell them to more expensive parts of the world, I cannot see why you shouldn't. There are a lot of Hong Kong/Chinese suppliers on ebay selling into Europe and I use them to buy some things at vastly reduced prices. Some things are not original though, but clones. An Altera USB JTAG programmer is around 200GB Pounds here but I got a clone with a demo board for around 35GB Pounds from Hong Kong.

Keith.

In fact, it is hard to buy the IC from Microchip, except you are its agent, but it will spend you much money for get the agency permission. So the lowest prices are from the first-step agents. But there are also second-step, third-step. And also there are many first-step agents. So the prices will be higher and higher.

If any needs, maybe you could contact me for component sourcing in China market.

Jack
soppcbtech at gmail dot com
According to Microchip website, prices for
PIC16F54-I/P 18pin PDIP (-40C to +85C TUBE)
are,
Quantity--1-25---26-99---100+---1000-4999---5000+
Price----- 0.55----0.54----0.52----- 0.47 *----- 0.45 *
and on ebay
https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/10pcs-Microchip-IC-Chip-PIC-PIC16F54-I-P-PIC16F54-16F54-/290586900607
10pcs Microchip IC Chip PIC PIC16F54-I/P Price: US $18.99
then howcome it is available for Rs.34 in our local market, Lahore Pakistan? ($ 1 = Rs 94) Similar is the case with many other poular components. I have taken qutations from distributers from China market but they are still higher than rates from our local market.(I guess its due to competition in market and supplies not reachable through internet). I was considering imorting components but now i think why not resell through internet?
Please comment.

I think I agree with Keith, ebay is not the place to find the right price. If you would like to get some help from China, please email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back