Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pressure sensor output

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am using MPX4115A pressure sensor from motorola. It gives a voltage output proportional to the pressure. And also provides a table for me to compute the pressure in Pascal. But any formula for converting this pascal to air pressure in feet ( altitude) ? thanks much....

thanks for your reply. but yeah I Googled them and did not find much info for pascal to feet conversion. I can find every other conversion. I only found this,
log10(P) = 5 - h/15500 where h is in metres and P is pressure in Pascal.

But this doesnt seem to give accurate results. I had a graph of P(millibar) vs altitude(m/feet) and the above equation doesnt comply with it. Hence I wanted to know whether this is accurate/ or there is some other formula ? thanks

circuit,

Altitude vs pressure is a highly non-linear function. Your best bet is to use a look-up table. Consult NACA report NACA-TR-1235 "Standard Atmosphere-Tables and data for Altitudes to 65,800 Feet". My copy (an ancient one) shows pressure in mb (millibars), kg/m^2, and mm Hg (millimeters of mercury). By definition, a Pascal is 1Kg/m^2 (One Kilogram per square meter).
~
The MPX4115A is calibrated in mv/KPascals (millivolts per thousand Pascals), so you can make the conversion directly from the table.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back