Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pressure Sensor Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamanan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to interface a pressure sensor , which produces in the order of microvolts, to 8051 microcontroller. what are the steps this microvolt is taken so that it can be interfaced with the microcontroller. Please help me how to condition the signal.
Thanx in advance.

On top of what VVV has suggested I would add a precision instrument amplifier and amplify this µV signal by up to 1000 .. see "A DESIGNER’S GUIDE TO INSTRUMENTATION AMPLIFIERS" at:
**broken link removed**
The LT2444 as 24-bit A/D has ≈0.3µV resolution and this can be comparable with the signal that you are going to convert ..
Also, this amplifier will work as a buffer between the sensor and the ADC ..
If, after amplification, the last digit (or the last two digits) fluctuate, you will be able to reject it (them) ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.