Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Precise electrical valve - need help, ideas in project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opel_Corsa

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Precise electrical valve

I have a thin pipe with one end firmly attached to a small balloon. What I want to do is to electrically control the amount of air that goes in and out of the balloon with reasonable precision (I want to be able to measure the pressure inside the balloon). It doesn't have to be a valve; it can be anything.

I was thinking of attaching something like a cork to a metal rod, insert it inside the pipe and control its movement with a step motor or something so it would work like a piston. But I'm not sure if that's a good idea since the friction between the cork and the inner surface of the pipe could wear out one or the other, resulting in a lowered precision. So that's another issue.

Anyways I would really appreciate some ideas here. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back