Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pre-amplifier circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

macs_lex

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do you have a pre-amplifier circuit than can be connected to a class b power amplifier?thanks a lot!:D

Give us more informations about the application; ie:

- Input level
- Output level
- Supply available and current
- Impedences
- Bandwidth;
- Etc

Usually the qualty of the answer is proportional to the quantity of the informations given.

Mandi

oh yeah, your right. sorry about that. i was supposed to add the message to my post regarding audio amps. anyway, we were tasked to make an audio power amplifier (class B) on final stage to drive a load of 4 or 8 Ω to output power of 30 W. its just that i do not know how the pre-amplifier should be. thank you. i'm still confused on how to make our project. we are to use a dual power supply to be connected to the pre-amp then to the power amp. whew! i still got lots of things to learn. so if you could help me please. thanks a lot.:D

A class-B output has severe crossover distortion. Audio amps use class-AB which has no crossover distortion.

An audio power amplifier has a certain amount of voltage gain. You must tell us the sensitivity of its input for 30W output into 4 ohms or 8 ohms.

You also must tell us the input voltage from your source which determines how much gain the preamp needs. It might have a very low level microphone or a very high level CD player as its input so the required gain is very different for them.

macs_lex

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can use the old TDA 2020 or any similar IC directly from national or ST Microelectronics.
The surprises you can find and the time used to improuve the circuit are long higher than to use a dedicated IC.
Overall in this way you can garantee the repetebility of the project

Mandi

macs_lex

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back