Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Practicle Iplementation of SCR rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidyelectronics

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,
I want to design a SCR rectifier, which will charge the battery as well as will drive the load on it.
So, Which thing has to be taken under consideration while generating gate pulses?
I can control the output voltage by controlling firing angle, but how can I control the current through rectifier.?
Do we have to generate multiple pulses to control the current?

Anybody, having experience of it or having knowledge regarding this, please help me..
thank you...

Depending on the battery technology, this could be a dangerous way to charge. Especially high energy chemistries (Li) could be caused to explode with this kind of AC charging. Lead-acid you could probably get away with this.

You should probably review linear and switching power supply design techniques and consult the charging/discharging application notes from your battery manufacturer. Usually a very specific charging methodologies is required. Most often a DC method. An SCR might or might not be the component of choice. High power MOSFETs or BJTs would probably be better for DC trickle charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back