Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powerpcb Excellon files ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mart

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to make Excellon files with powerpads for cnc milling, with powerpads :?:
Or is there a other way to translate gerber files to excellon files :?:

please help :roll:

y can create a file with excellon format by selecting the device setup in the nc drill an select the fromat excellon from it

binu

thanks for your feedback

With selecting nc drill, y can make only a drill file in format excellon. That is not the problem. I want to make format excellon file for cnc isolation milling.
:? I can buy second-hand milling machine, which only works with excellon (hpgl) files.

look at this file, it might help doing that I don't know.

Just delete the .zip at the end and read it with your text editor.

powerpads can only make excellon files for drilling, but i have found a program which can convert gerberfiles for isolation milling on a cnc machine. Works wel KCam www.kellyware.com.
But it only export dxf files, which i can not use. Other option is to use KCam direct to control your cnc machine for isolation milling.

Greetings,
Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back