Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powerline communication in ST7538-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobi123

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people ,
here I am using ST7538-Q When i try to transmit the data the module doesn't responding all the power are perfectly doing their workI am working in asyc communication .ATOP PIN TO GND SHOWING 5V . and CL pin 0V FEED BACK VSENSE PIN SHOWS 0V .what i do

Please post circuits when asking questions. If the module does not start there are 2 options, its connected properly or its not configured properly. Are your circuit is correct, pull up resistors and so on, are you sure the data you send is correctly configured?

Thank you for the reply ,
actually it is connected properly and all in default configuration .we didn't change anything .we are are trying to communicate via UART mode in internal register set default UART But in schematic (pin 13) externally pull down .so we lift the pin configure the pin(UART/SPI) using external controller .actually using doc light software transmit some data to the data in the module via TXD pin(configuration all are fine)UART/SPI Pin pulled high directly without resistor .REG_DATA pin pulled low(GND). RxTx Pin pulled low(GND).We are trying to write the data in FSK modulator .but ATO pin doesn't give any output .CL pin also shows 0V.ATOP 1 pin gives 5V .ATOP2 pin gives 0V. I don't no what happen there. Power Good pin gives 3.7V. but in Datasheet they mentioned need to show 4.5V. I don't no what is happening there. I don't even no my transmission section powered on or not
Note : st7538-Q dual channel reference guide schematic is there page no - 15,16 and also I attached you for your reference.

Attachments

• ST7538 dual channel reference guide.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 73

and also we are using opto-coupler for isolating the GNDS. Isolator placed between TTL logic and modem tx and gnd. LED anode pullup with the
TTL supply. LED Cathode connected to Rx of TTL .Transistor (collector)side pull up with ST7538-Q 5V supply and emitter ground. Its is working perfect for isolating the ground.

Hi Carry for cents bazar,
actually finished the configuration correctly after that I am getting output on ATO,ATOP1 and ATOP2 also voltage levels at the pins ATO =1V,ATOP1 and ATOP2 = differential signal and 2V .all are fine .having one doubt .I am sending a data 11 00 11 00 repeatedly but in my output it is not reflected all the frequency are same in the output like 130Khz all the near by frequency are same value. I cannot find out the mark and space frequency. In default space and mark frequency is attached in the JPG format with yellow marking .I am send sending the same data zero zero zero(binary value ). but it shows every time different frequency like 130KHZ,128kHZ,132 khz .same as for one one one (binary value )...I using oscilloscope for capture the data
KEYSIGHT

DSOX1102A
100MHZ
2G sa/s

plz give any advises ,thank you

Attachments

• frequency.JPG
    frequency.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 58

Status
Not open for further replies.