Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Power up pulse generator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramp

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I have to generate power up pulse for my circuit whose timings are given in PDF file.Which circuit or IC i can use.

Thanks in advance.
tramp

IanP

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
One simple option is to employ 555 timers, but remember, it has to be the CMOS version of 555 (example: http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/ICM7555_ICM7555I_ICM7555C_1.pdf ) as it will work with supply voltages from 3Vdc ..

Below is a 2-stage delay circuit ..

To generate reset pulse on power-on remove the trigger and the 0.01µF cap and connect the pin to POR circuit (see picture below; use inverter gate such as 1/6 74HC14 or similar) ..
Select Rs and Cs for both timers in such a way that the first timer generates 5s pulse followed by the second timer with 200ms pulse ..
You may need to invert phase of the output pulse and this can be done with a transistor or another 1/6 74HC14 inverter gate ..

Regards,
IanP

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor