Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power transformer selection for half bridge SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jegandren

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
half bridge smps

hello all

I have jus designed a half bridge switching power supply of 300W , switching at a frequency of 100 Khz. now im in the mode of building the prototype...but i am quite blur on the type of power transformer that i should use...can anyone advise me on this matter.

Thank You

half bridge transformer

You can use Ferrite Core 3C85 (E+I or ETD). It can be found in ferroxcube site and by the way this company also introduces 3C94 core. It can be used at this frequency easily. ENJOY

smps transformer calculation

Please give more details, and i can design you a a transformer, and post here the sketch-es.

i need primer voltage, current, and frequency range and secondary voltage.

//www.electronicsoft.net/download/transformer.zip

sztibi82 said:
Please give more details, and i can design you a a transformer, and post here the sketch-es.

i need primer voltage, current, and frequency range and secondary voltage.

Heloo sir,

Thank you very much for the reply, this are the details that i could provide you:

The primary voltage would be +168 V to -168V
The secondary voltage would be +56 V to - 56 V
switching frequency 100 Khz

output voltage to the load 25 V
max output current is 12 A
max output power 300W

half bridge power transformer

I calculated for you the transformer's data.
if you unse Kaschke 2004 ferite, you need 110mm^2 area of the core, or above. The primeri winding should have 12 and the secondary winding should have 4 spirals to have +-168/+-56 transformation.

Added after 31 minutes:

You can use Transformer Calculation v0.1.

You can download it from:
**broken link removed**

jegandren

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello, I'm also going to build a prototype of the half bridge converter. I'm a bit confuse with the transformer part. The secondary transformer is 56Vpeak. So the the Vrms is about 40V. How to 25V at the load?

Status
Not open for further replies.