Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply Rejection Analysis of LDO Regulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

onteri

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ldo power supply

Hi everybody,

I used Cadence to simulate two designs of linear regulators... One used a PMOS device as the pass transistor while the other used a NMOS pass transistor. The error amplifier had same gain.

The plot of PSR show that there is a peaking in the response. However the peak for PMOS pass transistor is -5dB but for NMOS its -25 dB. Why NMOS has better PSR peak than PMOS?

I would appreciate your help. Thanks

analysis of low dropout regulator

Did you use the NMOS as the source follower model? if that is the case you will have better performance from NMOS.

power supply rejection ldo

yes I used NMOS as source follower and I understand that I got better performance. Can you explain it in a bit more detail why the improved performance?

Added after 26 minutes:

I guess its because that using NMOs gives a low output impedance over wide frequency range as compared to PMOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.