Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply - help needed with voltage and current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogzieno1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Power Supply Help

Hi all, this is a total noob question. But i recently aquired a lab power supply and have been playing around with it.

When i turn it on there is a voltage displayed but no current, then when i connect a circuit a current is displayed but no voltage.

When checking with a multimeter it shows there is very little voltage and no current.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Re: Power Supply Help

Laboratory power supply has a Current Limit Adjustment Potentiometer.
It sets the output current in constant-current mode.
If the output current is set to “near” zero the effect will be exactly what you have experienced: as soon as you connect any load the voltage drops to almost “0” and the current doesn’t flow.

Try to turn the knob of the Current Limit Adjustment Potentiometer to the right ..
(This is valid only if your power supply is not faulty)

Rgds,
IanP

Thanks for the reply Ian, i'll have a go :D

Power Supply Help

need to check adjustments before applyin anything new attempt.

It happens when to try to connect a load that draws more current than that could be supplied by the power supply.
Either try increasing the current limit set on your power supply or connect a load thta draws lesser current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back