Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply for audio devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burned_Cap

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, im doing a small 5v/100ma power supply to power like pedals and switches for guitars, etc.
The thing is i cant really make up my mind on what capacitors to use, because the noise needs to be as low as possible.
Does anyone know some schematics proper for this ???

Have you used a regulator like LM317? (It has better ripple rejection than 7805)
The practical rule about bridge capacitors is about 1000uF /Ampere so a value of about 220 would be fine.

Alex

Ill check that, thanks for the advice, i was gona use the 7805, also would using an inductor help on something ?

I have never used an inductor in audio circuit but I think will make the output worse since it will give a hard time to the regulator output and can also increase the impedance.

Alex

I have seen an 10nH, on the input on some schematics to reduce noise from the input.

This is so low that it can only filter very high frequency (interference), I meant a coil to help filter the ripple of the psu

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.