Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply design using discret components for CC/CV 6V 0.7A

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrabeyah

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
M looking for a circuits transformerless power supply with discret components foe CC/CV 7V 0.7A with less components please helppppppppppp..............

6V 0.7A????? or 7V 0.7A?????
What is your source of power??? Wall socket or battery????
Provide the source voltage....

hi
My source of power is wall socket directly 230VAC and No use of transformer ....and its 7V 0.7A output should be DC 7V.........................

When you have decided not to use any transformer, then you cannot be able to use voltage regulators directly. You can use some combination of resistors and polypropylene capacitor, but I would not recommend u to use it. Because it will be unsafe & tedious to adjust the voltage.
There is only one best solution in my mind.

R2 should be a variable resistor(potentiometer). If the output is more than 40Volt, try to replace R2 with 15KΩ resistor. REMEMBER: Output is still AC. Tune the resistance and check the output with a multimeter. If the output is about 30 volt, rectify it and pass it through LM317 by the following method....
42_1324490987.jpg

All you have to do is to adjust the potentiometers.....
Use electrolytic capacitor with large capacitance value(~20000uF)
Read the datasheets and surf for information in wikipedia for diac and triac.
For any query, feel free to post.....
I don't want to be responsible for the triac circuit.... It is designed by me in only 10 minutes...

Last edited:
Hi!

You could possibly try the HV-series of transformerless switch ICs but I'm not sure wether they'll provide a constant-current output tho - you can use (I think!!!) an HV2412 followed by an L200 on the output with resistor values set for 7V and 0.7A output! I'll have to study the gen and post back later!

Chris Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back