Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply design from High Input DC voltage....

Status
Not open for further replies.

malli_1729

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Power supply design....

Hi!

we have a project, for which we are designing Power supply.
Thing is
Input: 50 to 85V DC with Vin_nominal =72V DC
output1 = 12V@3A
Output2 = +/-24@1A

I have checked most of the manufacturers sites like TI,Linear tech,National semiconductors,Maxim-ic and other companies.

most of the companies are not supporting this much input voltge...mostly all are going upto max Vin = 72V .....
can u help in suggesting a way to me......
if it was a module also no problem.....
any method to reduce the Input voltage to around 50V without losing much power....

regrds

Power supply design....

Hi,
Traco specifies up to 75V: **broken link removed**
Industrial versions between 10---800V:
**broken link removed**
K.

Re: Power supply design....

Thnx for the reply....

we need max input voltage upto 85V......

Thanks once again....

ours is a test equipment, these suplies will take lot of space...that too we can generate only one of the voltages 12 or 24 or -24 by using these modules...
so, we have to use 3 modules ...which is not practical......

from Powerone and wallindustries we have selected some of the modules, But same problem persists as we need to use saparate for each supply......

is there any remedy...like we can generate atleast +/-24 with one module and 12V with another one....

thanking you,

Power supply design....

Your input voltage requirements seems high.
One option is to use a transformer to stepdown the input voltage and regulate it afterwards.

Power supply design....

Hi Malli,
Maybe you have to select some synchronizable versions, than I believe too zhat their are in one modul or system to realize...
Eventually you can apply 3 individual modules, but with Power sequencer/"hot plug-in Switcher" for "at one time" get it on/off circuits.
K.

Please try power modules from Murata, Powerone. They are reliable and may b as per your requirement

Power supply design....

If you use a topology like flyback, sepic, or CUK you could add a voltage limiter to the IC supply.

This way the output voltage is limited only by external components not the control IC.

from powerone i have selected some modules....

i got a module for 12V@2A ..but for +/-24V@0.5A no module........

i don't know murata has power modules...i will see and get back to u...

thanks for the reply..

Power supply design....

Hi Malli,
Power One,s "CS2660-7R" eff.=82%,Inp.Voltage=28 to 140 VDC: 24V,2A & 24V,2A(Second output semi-regulated.)...
Is it nothing for you? **broken link removed**
K.

Added after 4 minutes:

Or two times PSA 241.5-7iR, eff.93%,,Inp.Voltage=31-144V, has 24V,1.5A, smaller Modules: **broken link removed**

thank u once again....

i will see and come back

Hi malli,
I read yet an article over following Switcher, what maybe helps for you: 80-V DC/DC converter targets boost, flyback, SEPIC and inverting power supplies, has an On-Board 84 V/3.5 A Power Switch, The1000-piece price starts at 3.05 US Dollars each.... LT3898
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back