Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply circuit from variable current source

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen450

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm designing a circuit which has variable current source.The circuit should generate supply voltage for the remaining design and the circuit shouldnot have any power supply other than the current supply.The output of circuit has a capacitor of 100uF range.This capacitor gives supply to the remaining circuit.

Can anyone please help me and let me know if you didn't get the problem correctly.

Regards,
Praveen.

Re: Power supply circuit

Your post doesn't make much sense.
If I understand correctly you are making a constant current source but I have no idea what you mean with the rest of your description about the supply of the remaining design that should not have any power supply etc.

Alex

I have variable current source.There are some circuits like oscillators,amplifiers in the design.Now I want to generate a power supply VDD=2v for these circuits from this variable current source and I don't have any inputs or supply voltage other than this current source.There is a capacitor of 100uF at the output of my design .I need to generate 2.2v across this capacitor and switch off the capacitor from the rest of my design whenever it reaches 2.2v.After capacitor charges to 2.2v I have to give this 2.2v as supply voltage to the next circuits(Oscillators,amplifiers).And again when the capacitor voltage falls below 1.8v I have to repeat charging procedure.When the capacitor is charging I have to stop the supply to following circuits (Oscillators,Amplifiers).

I hope this format is clear.

Is this current source actually supplying some parts of the design and you want to charge the capacitor in addition to that?
You mention a variable current source but is the output current varying or is it a variable source set to a specific constant current?
What is the current range or value?

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.