Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOHAMMED YOUNUS M

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Input specifications are
230v,50hz

i need output of 5v under 1a current

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

I need a normal power supply

Dear MOHAMMED
Hi
A bit more explanation needed . would you like to design with transformer or without ? ( iron core ?) or perhaps , isolation isn't important ? or probably , you don't need linear systems ? maybe SMPS ? if insulation is important , i think a simple fly back converter can help you .
But you didn't tell what's your problem exactly ?!
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Dear sir,
i found so many of the circuits,but i need the steps to solve n find the value of load voltage,load current and value of smoothinig capacitor

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Dear sir,
i'm using component as follows
transformer of 9v,1 a.bridge rectifier,smoothing capacitor and limiting resistor;
sir i need step by step solution,so that i can manually design a 5v power supply

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Dear sir,
i'm using component as follows
transformer of 9v,1 a.bridge rectifier,smoothing capacitor and limiting resistor;
sir i need step by step solution,so that i can manually design a 5v power supply.
Input is 220v

It's easy to use Linear Regulator IC.
AC220V => Transformaer => AC9V => bridge Rectifier => DC 12~14V unregulated => Linear Regulator IC => DC5V
**broken link removed**
Be careful for cooling of Regulator IC. You need heatsink.

is it a constant load? I am assuming that is why you are saying 1A? R=V/1 so resistance of 5ohms?
if, efficiency is not an issue,
Use a step down transformer, go through a full bridge rectifier, put a filter capacitor across the output of rectifier and you can use a voltage divider or a linear voltage regulator to make 5 Volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.