Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamsiii

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I designed a power supply, however I could not measure the output voltage. You can see in the picture where I put the markers. pscircuit.png

Hi,

You should connect your regulator GND to the common ground. In the schematic it is not shown. Input and output capacitor (-ve) should be connected to the regulator gnd.

I have deleted the ground symbols and connected the grounds to 2.legs of C1, C2, etc. Still have problems. Maybe I set transformer properties incorrect, any help with that? Primary inductance and secondary inductance should be 3/1 or 4/1.?
Want to convert 220Vac to 24Vdc.

It is a transformer's ratio (windings) that will determine the output : input voltage ratio

There need to be three things kept in mind .a)DC voltage at input of 7824 needs to be 26-27VDC min. for output to be stable at 24VDC .
b)There has to be 220ufd min at output of both the three pin regulators for a stable output .
c)The ground path needs to be returned to bridge rectifier ground terminal.
d)Kindly provide a 10mA load to the 7805 regulator output pins for stable functions .

Status
Not open for further replies.