Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power problem in usb enumeration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruchi bansal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mass storage yellow

I m working on mass storage device enumeration process.I have configuerd the device in self powered.

I am running Windows XP. I can attach my USB device (configured in the USB mass storage class), everything works fine, now device manager i get "USB Mass Storage device" with a yellow exclamation mark. If I double click it, i get in the device status, "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

When I have searched the details regarding abt this some people are focussing more on maximum power that the device will drain from the bus.

any help

500 mA is the maximum current device can draw from USB bus. If you have a power problem, attach your device to USB hub which has it own power supply. If your device works than you have power problem, if not, than you will need USB bus analyzer to see what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back