Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power on 2 leds (red or green) on toggle switch (2 positions: on and off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felipe Salomão

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Goal:
Power on only green led when toggle switch is on and with toggle switch off, power on only red led

Problem:
When toggle switch is on, both green and red leds power on at same time, this way light is about orange color, when power switch is off, it works perfectly, with only red led on, i know that problem in in middle pin when conect red light together negative signal, but i dont know how to solve it, if you can, please try make more simple solution possible, because i will have to repeat this on several power switches.

See diagram bellow of what i tried:

diagram.png

Thanks for help

Last edited:

94585d1375876357-diagram.png

Off means one color on means one color....

Thanks for answer, but it not worked, 1º pin not work, this toggle switch is only on/off, not on/on, so it not conduct signal of middle pin to 1º pin when its off, only when it is on that conduct signal to 3º pin, understood ? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, problem solved, you was right, on toggle switch that i tested, 1º pin is really dead and not work, but with different kind of toggle switch its worked great as expected. Really thanks for help, now will to next chalange, use 3 positions toggle switch to power on 3 differents leds, each position with one color, for this i think that i will need use relay when toggle switch is on middle.. I will try make new diagram and post here.

- - - Updated - - -

made new post with new diagram for 3 position toggle switch + 3 differents led colors

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/295797/#post1264972

Anyway thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back