Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Management References

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Ahmed

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I am studying a course about DC DC converters its types and control loops and battery chargers.. But I am confused and need a good reference and/or tutorials and/or courses. I know about the power management course and book: " R-Fundamentals of Power Electronics by Erickson" ,, but it doesn't cover the control loops for example.

there is a book by ray ridley on control which is very good.....part of the name is "volume 1 control"
Basically you are just multipying the error amp transfer fucntion by the power stage and modulator transfer function and then doing this over all frequency range, and read off your gain and phase margins.
The modulator often has "bits" in it which arent explained in the datasheet pf the controller, so sometimes its difficult to actually find out what is the modulator transfer function.
Power stage TFs and error amp TFs are all derived and straightforward...unless youre doing some hybrid convverter

Status
Not open for further replies.