Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Line Communication over a DC Bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Cool

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc power line communication

anyone have success with power line communication over a DC bus? or know of any research papers on the subject? anyone selling such a product?

Mr.Cool

dc powerline communication

It is not difficult to "inject" data on top of dc ..
Take a look at this:

Regards,
IanP

Mr.Cool

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
communication over dc power

I hear some time ago, a project in a german supermarket, in wich light bright was modulated with a digital protocol; So, the price at each shelf could be updated this way. ( a simple LCD modul with LED sensor ).

Note.: The rate this communication was done is high enough to be not detected by human eye.

+++

communication over dc power line

thanks PaulHolland, that MIT thesis is exactly the kind of information i was looking for.

i am familiar with yamar's products. i think they are on the right track but they lack funding and protocal agreement between corporations to make it workable.

IanP, thx for the the tip.

if you come across any research paper or some such please post it here.

thx for the help,
Mr.Cool

dc powerline over dc bus

Hello,

Already there are too many protocols, therefore, we in Yamar developed solutions that do not require special protocols.
The DC-LIN allows data transfer of any UART message over the powerline in speeds up to 57.6Kbps. As a result, the LIN protocol can operate over the powerline without modifications.
https://www.yamar.com/DC-LIN.html

simple uart over dc power

ohhh ahhh... i'll take a second look at yamar :)

what would i have to change to be able to use this device on a 540Vdc bus?

dc power line over dc bus

the device is coupled to the dc bus through a capacitor, so execpt of choosing a capacitor that will handle this DC voltage, i dont think you will need to change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back